Would you like to be a Team Player at Heptonstalls Solicitors?
We employ over 120 people who work across three offices in East and West Yorkshire. We are growing year after year due to the hard work and dedication of our staff and our team drive to succeed in a competitive market.
We offer a warm and friendly office environment here at Heptonstalls Ltd and our commitment to client care is second to none.
Some of our staff have worked for us for over 30 years and we believe that employing people who share the same values as us really makes that difference.
Legal Secretary (Industrial Disease)
Location: Newgate, Pontefract
Status: Full-time, permanent
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Trained in secretarial practice.
- Excellent word-processing and audio-typing skills
- Preferably previous experience as a legal secretary or experience of working in an alternative professional office.
- 4 GCSEs at Grade “C”, or the equivalent qualification
- Good organisational ability and client care skills
The minimum educational standards may be waived if; in view of HR Manager the Legal Secretary has relevant previous work experience.
The role of the Legal Secretary is to provide support to his or her Principal, allowing the department to operate at optimum efficiency. This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities given below. The Legal Secretary is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative, mindful of client care at all times – this will include being flexible with travel, working for various fee earners and covering Reception when needed.
- To prepare correspondence and documents for fee-earners through audio-typing and word processing
- To administer filing (which will include daily filing) and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the Office Manual
- To prepare mail and enclosures for collection
- To administer all photocopying
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up-to-date diary for his/her Principal if required to do so
- To check own work to minimise errors and avoid corrections by fee-earners
- To provide support to other Legal Secretaries as required
- To provide guidance to Junior and Temporary Secretaries when required to do so
- To undertake any specific training when required, and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and client’s documentation and information
- Liaise with the HR Department regarding the booking of holidays and cover
- Provide cover for the Receptionist/Admin Assistant, including dealing with calls, assisting with post and any other relevant duties
- Maintaining a high level of client care
- Any ad hoc tasks as required by his or her principal
- To feel a sense of pride, involvement and belonging
- To provide a client-focused quality service
- To be accountable to the firm
- To have a high expectation of self performance
- To take responsibility
- To be an enthusiastic achiever
- To be supportive to others and to be supported in a challenging environment
- To feel valued and to value others
- To be committed to learning and development to further the expertise of self and the firm
- To support marketing
- To be part of an open door culture
- To support and acknowledge the achievement of employees and the firm
- To achieve own job satisfaction and support others to achieve theirs
To apply for this position please send your C.V. to HRTeam@heptonstalls.co.uk