Would you like to be a Team Player at Heptonstalls Solicitors?
We employ over 120 people who work across three offices in East and West Yorkshire. We are growing year after year due to the hard work and dedication of our staff and our team drive to succeed in a competitive market.
We offer a warm and friendly office environment here at Heptonstalls Ltd and our commitment to client care is second to none.
Some of our staff have worked for us for over 30 years and we believe that employing people who share the same values as us really makes that difference.
Junior Paralegal Industrial Disease
Location: Newgate, Pontefract
Status: Permanent, Full Time
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Good client care skills
- GCSE English grade C or above
- Commitment to become fully knowledgeable in Industrial Disease Law through undertaking relevant training.
The primary role of the Industrial Disease Junior Paralegal is to provide direct support to his/her Principal to enable the Principal to operate at optimum efficiency. This will include (but will not be limited to) the main responsibilities given below. The Industrial Disease Junior Paralegal is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.
Under direction of the appropriate supervisor/Head of Department
- Attendance on clients and others in order to take statements, obtain information, make appointments and complete Legal Aid Agency (LAA) forms.
- Liaise between clients and experts and between clients and supervisor and with the other side as requested.
- Dealing with client queries and reporting to the appropriate fee earner.
- Preparing standard legal forms.
- Preparing and filing court documents
- Fixing dates for Court hearings and liaising with Counsel and court to find mutually convenient dates.
- Arranging conferences with Counsel and liaising with client, solicitor, barrister and experts.
- Preparation of bills and/or liaise with costs draftsman.
- Preparing LAA forms.
- Liaise with The Accident Line as requested
- Carry out benefit queries and deal with call queries
- Liaise with Welfare Benefits Advisor and accounts department as required.
- Obtain periodic payments on account as agreed by the fee earner.
- Carry relevant searches.
- To undertake other duties such as researching law, searching old files, obtaining documents, transporting clients, running errands and supporting fee earners as and when required.
- Conduct of own matters and assisting the appropriate fee earner or Head of Department with shared caseload.
- Compliance with Office Manual Procedures
- Maintenance of the required standard of client care
- Accuracy of work undertaken and maintenance of standards set in terms of client contact
- Attendance of departmental meetings and in-house training as provided.
- To feel a sense of pride, involvement and belonging.
- To provide a client-focused quality service.
- To be accountable to the firm.
- To have a high expectation of self performance
- To take responsibility.
- To be an enthusiastic achiever.
- To be supportive to others and to be supported in a challenging environment.
- To feel valued and to value others.
- To be committed to learning and development to further the expertise of self and the firm.
- To support marketing.
- To be part of an open door culture.
- To support and acknowledge the achievement of employees and the firm.
- To achieve own job satisfaction and support others to achieve theirs.
To apply for this position please send your C.V. to HRTeam@heptonstalls.co.uk