If you are the victim of a violent crime in the UK you may be entitled to claim for compensation. It will depend on the circumstances of the crime as to whether you can make a claim or not but we will assess your case to see if we can help.

How do I make my Criminal Injury claim?

You can:

  • Make a personal injury compensation claim against the assailant directly. This is not usually recommended as even if your personal injury compensation claim is successful, it is difficult to enforce the judgment meaning you may win your case but never receive the compensation from the guilty party.
  • Make a personal injury compensation claim against your employer. This would only apply if the attack or assault took place while you were at work and you feel that your employer exposed you to an unnecessary risk of personal injury. We may be able to make a claim against your employer as we they would for any other accident at work so speak to us first and get the advice you need.
  • Make your personal injury claim against the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority which pays compensation to victims of violent crimes which have occurred in Great Britain.

Click Here to Read More About CICA (Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority)

Criminal Injuries Compensation: a Guide – Detailed Guidance – Gov.UK